My best-laid plans to be in Hobart for Dark Mofo this year fell apart. Happily, I was still able to experience a little of the festival elsewhere in Tasmania courtesy of The Crossing, a project by the unconscious collective. I’m even in the little video snippet below 🙂
- The shadow cast by Miles Brown’s theremin playing hand onto his face. It was like a live animation. Surely intentional.
- Moments of feeling like this could all be an act at The Bang Bang Bar.
- Alexander Hacke & Danielle de Picciotto; e.g.:
- Wondering what testing, if any, you need to do before playing big, dense music in a ‘found’ venue such as this. My ear drums were crackling – I wonder if all those stained glass windows were too…
- Amusing myself waiting for the show to begin: